Friday 7 November 2014

Day 7 of NaNoWriMo 2014

Today is the end of the first week of NaNo and I'm proud of myself. I have little green bars every day, meaning I've met the minimum required words to ensure I'll hit 50K by the 30th.

In fact, I'm ahead of the game. I could take today off no problem, I could take tomorrow off too and not feel any extra pressure, I bet I could take the next day off and still make it.... see where I'm going here. I'm my own worst enemy in November. It's not from a lack of ideas, or writer's block or any other excuse I can come up with.

Bottom line, I get lazy.

I know I do and I have this incredible ability to talk myself into not doing anything or procrastinating to the point where I have totally screwed myself and there isn't enough coffee in the world to aid me to the finish line.

But, not this year. I'm going to stay on target and get'er done. I know where I'm going and what I want to write. I read somewhere that if you do something every day for 21 days it will turn into a habit. So if I keep the course and write everyday no matter what and I get 21 green bars in a row, I wonder if it will get easier. Will the habit nudge out my inherent laziness?

Only one way to find out......




No comments:

Post a Comment