Thursday 1 December 2016

Counting down to the end of 2016! What makes me happy :)

I don't know anyone who would argue that 2016 has been a swirling vortex of crap and negativity...oh man, has there been some negativity. And, there is no magical switch on December 31st which will change the world as the calendar flips to 2017. We're the only ones who control our attitudes and outlooks on life.

But,

Now, that we're down to the last month I want to try to end it on an upswing. I got this idea today when speaking to another author, I'm going to take time each day to think of something positive...big, small or utterly ridiculous. My plan is to count down to the end of the year with things that make me happy.

And I invite you to join me! Come on by each day or when ever the mood strikes,  and pop something into the comments. Let's end this year happier that it started and celebrate the good in the world.

Day 31 of what makes me happy...

Lots of Colourful lights!

This time of year the trees are bare, grass is covered in snow and all the colour has been leached out of the world around me. But all the pretty, pretty lights that are strung up make me feel better. In fact, why do we take them all down January 1st? That's when we really need them to combat the winter blahs. I think this year I'm going to keep mine up till the snow melts.

2 comments:

  1. I took your advice and started a similar theme. Thank you. It's going to be nice to focus on some positives for the next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I'm looking forward to seeing your happy thoughts!!!

      Delete