Wednesday 7 December 2016

Counting down to a New Year...25

What makes me happy today...visiting the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) with my husband and daughter

My daughter is an artist. Right now, she's focused on her classes to build her portfolio because she wants to get into animation next year. One of her projects she had to do was visit the Mystical Landscapes: Masterpieces from Monet, Van Gogh and more exhibit and write a report on it.

It was fascinating to watch the reaction on my adult daughter as we entered the room She literally was clutching my arm and vibrating with excitement. When she set eyes on of her favorite artist's work, she started to cry.
This work is in the public domain in its country of origin and other countries and areas where
 the copyright term is the author's life plus 100 years or less.

I know she first discovered Vincent Van Gogh because of an episode of Dr Who and I thought that was the only reason she still spoke about him. But, today I learned how wrong I was. Seeing her sit there in awe whispering...

 "I can't believe that's really here. It's really here. It's right here in front of me."

She had a similar reaction to Monet's work and spent 5 minutes telling me all about his brush strokes and minute details of his work. As a mum, it was amazing to see the passion she has for art and hear her talk about pictures that have touched her soul. As much as she loved the Monet's, it is Van Gogh who has my daughter's heart on his palette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment